5 Lakeland FL Emergency Roof Repair Tips
You don’t want to be stuck with leaking water or flying shingles. This is not the time for you to plan your emergency response plan. You must quickly respond if your roof is in dire need of attention. It’s important to be able to take care of your roof in an emergency. These tips will help you become a Lakeland FL emergency roof repair specialist you never thought you needed.
5 Tips for Lakeland FL Emergency Roof Repair
If you’re reading this, chances are you’ve either just been notified by a neighbor that your roof is leaking, or you’ve noticed some visible water damage. Either way, you’re now wondering whether it’s time for an emergency roof repair. It’s likely past that point as a leaky roof can do serious and permanent damage if left unattended. So what are some things you need to know?
1. Place a Tarp to Prevent Leaks
Water seeping into your roof from above is a serious roofing emergency. You should address it immediately to avoid further structural or cosmetic problems. Apply a temporary tarp on the roof surface, until a roofing professional assesses the situation. Smoothen the roof with the tarp. To prevent water from entering the roof, ensure that the tarp is either tucked underneath the roofing material or placed up above a ridge. Next, attach the edges to the roofing cement and cover them with it.
You should ensure that the tarp covers the entire area affected and is suitable for outdoor use.
2. Repair Damaged Shingles and Tighten the Loose Ones
You can usually fix leaks by repairing damaged or loose shingles while you wait for your Lakeland roofers. Attach loose shingles to the roof and the surrounding shingles with adhesive, cement, or roofing nails.
Note the shingles that you have band-aided in order to share this information with the roofing contractor once they arrive.
3. Do Not Attempt to Tackle the Big Stuff by Yourself
Although it’s easy to fall in love with DIY, there are certain jobs that can be too dangerous to do alone. One of those jobs is to repair your roof. To repair roof damage like missing flashing, roof decay, or water spots, call a local Lakeland roofing company. You won’t even have to lift and carry a ladder.
REQUEST YOUR FREE ESTIMATE HERE!
4. Document the Damage
You don’t have to grab a ladder or climb on a damaged roof. However, it doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t act as soon as you notice the damage.
- Take “after” photos of the damage and video it
- Write down the extent of damage you believe is caused
- Keep track of any estimates, bills, or invoices you receive.
All of this information will make it easy to file claims.
5. Get in Touch With Your Insurance Company
Contact your insurance company to describe the damage to your roof. Learn what your policy covers, and whether or not insurance will pay for the roof repair. Most likely, your insurance company will send an inspector to inspect and verify your claim.
Insurance companies often want to see the damage from a roofing contractor so they don’t have to open up a claim. This can affect your rating with them. It can be beneficial to have your Lakeland roofing contractor present when the insurance adjuster arrives if you suspect that there might be a roof-related claim. This avoids much back and forth. Both can evaluate the damage together and agree on the spot on what you need for roof repair.
What Are the Signs of a Roof Leak?
There are many signs that your roof may be in need of repair before it becomes a major problem.
- Water stains or discoloration on the ceiling or walls inside your home.
- Wet or moldy insulation in the attic.
- Peeling paint or wallpaper on interior walls or ceilings.
- Water droplets or puddles forming on the floor.
- The sound of dripping water inside your home.
- Musty or damp odors inside your home.
- Gaps or holes in the roof or flashing.
- Sagging or uneven areas on the roof.
- Damage or deterioration of the roof decking.
Common Conditions that Can Lead to a Roofing Emergency
Although it is difficult to predict when roof damage might occur, there are some common causes of roof repair emergencies. These common culprits can help you plan and respond in the event that you have a damaged roof.
- Weather: Winds above 50 mph are strong enough to lift shingles off of your roof or drive flying branches through it if conditions are severe enough. Lightning can cause damage to your roof if it strikes your home. To ensure that your roof is properly protected from severe storms, inspect it.
- Fire: Even a small fire that is quickly extinguished in your home can cause roof damage. It’s crucial that you get a professional roofing company to inspect your roof if your home has been the victim of a small or large fire.
- Animals: You should inspect your gutters and attic regularly to ensure that no critters are making their home in your indoor space.
Who to Call for Emergency Roof Repair in Lakeland Florida
Are you experiencing a leaking roof? Do you need a roof repair or replacement in Lakeland FL? Call All Star Roofing today. We are dedicated to providing professional roofing services for homeowners in Lakeland. Our staff is equipped to handle all roofing projects big or small.
Services We Offer
- ROOF INSTALLATION
- SHINGLE ROOFS
- TILE ROOFING
- FLAT ROOFING
- METAL ROOFING
- EMERGENCY ROOF REPAIR
- HURRICANE HELP
Areas We Serve
- Hernando County
- Hillsborough County
- Pinellas County
- Manatee County
- Polk County
- Sarasota County
- Pasco County
If you’re ready to hire our Lakeland roofing contractors to help with your roof, don’t hesitate to call us. Our team is more than happy to assist you with any of your roofing concerns. Contact All Star Roofing for a FREE inspection and a quote on your roofing repairs or replacements in Lakeland Florida!