Roofing Company Herando-County
IMPORTANCE OF RE-Roofing
There’s no doubt that a roof takes as much abuse as it gives protection, especially in the Hernando County , FL area coastline, where salt spray from the ocean is constant and the probability of a hurricane is high. Flat roofing truly is one of the unsung heroes of Floridian culture, as they protect us from the bizarre and unexpected weather that lurks at every turn. A sloped or pitched roof is a good thing to have in environments like this because of the overlapping design they are produced with, as well as the angle of the gradient, which functions to shed water while also minimizing any build-up from moisture or outside elements. All Star Roofing is the best roofing company in Hernando-County.
However, flat roofing doesn’t function in the same manner. Although that might sound disastrous for a house in Florida, that doesn’t mean it’s not functional, and it certainly doesn’t make it any less of a popular design option. In actuality, flat roofs are very popular. They are very aesthetically pleasing and effective in climates where snow is rare, after all. While they may seem untraditional, they’re widely popular for residences in dry weather regions, like the Southwest part of the United States. They’re also widely and commonly used on commercial properties, although some residential homes have flat roofs as well. There are several types of flat roofing systems to meet your roofing needs. At All-Star Roofing we are the roofing company in Hernando-County, we can install and repair them all, and we are introducing you to all of your options below.
FLAT ROOF TYPES AND APPEARANCES
There are a number of different types of flat roofs to choose from. This is because they can be made from different types of material, giving them each a distinct look. Here are the types of flat roofs that the experts at All-Star Roofing can help install:
- Specifically aluminum – but in general metal – is one of the most popular materials used for flat roofing, repair, and replacements because of its durability and power to reflect the heat from the sun, which lowers energy costs. Metal roofing is usually ordered in large sheets, and while prone to rust in disagreeable conditions, it has the ability to last at least 30 years in ideal ones.
- Membrane (Single-Ply or EPDM)
- There are several types of rubber/polymer roofing options on the market, including Neoprene and PVC, but EPDM is the most popular option, particularly when it comes to residential use. Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) is a durable, inexpensive, and waterproof flat roofing option that is very easy to install. The material itself is a type of synthetic rubber that is made from recycled materials, which makes it environmentally friendly. When EPDM is installed, it needs to be seamed to the roof, which means water has an opportunity to seep through seams and potentially cause damage to your home. Of course, EPDM roofs can also be spray-applied, which significantly lowers the chance of seams pulling away from the roof, thereby reducing the chance of water seeping through.
- Built-Up Roofing (BUR)
- When one thinks of flat roofs, a built-up roof is likely what comes to mind: For 60 years, it was the only option on the market. They’re highly attractive roofing options that are made of tar and gravel, and are very sturdy because they are made up of many layers; however, these roofs also have the tendency to be quite heavy as a result of all of the layers. Installations or replacements of this type of roof could be hazardous, so the home or commercial property should be emptied prior to beginning any building or replacement project.
- Modified Bitumen (MBR)
- Modified Bitumen roofing is a technological advancement of the 1960s. It’s rolled out onto a roof in seamless and overlapping joints and typically secured by using a blowtorch. While this could pose as a danger – especially for an inexperienced roof installer – it’s quite affordable, easy, and quick to put together.
ENVIRONMENT AND EFFECTIVENESS
There’s no mistaking the eye-catching and modern appeal of a flat roof. However, it’s important to consider any potential consequences that are associated with this type of roof. We’ve touched already on the fact that flat roofs are not angled in any way that is sufficient to shed water or minimize moisture build-up. This means they are known to leak more often because water has the tendency to pool on these roofs until it evaporates, which gives water a longer amount of time to find weaknesses in a roof’s surface.
Some signs of leaking in your flat roof can include:
- Water dripping or damage/stains on ceilings or walls
- Paint is bubbling up
- Mildew on ceilings or walls outside
However, there are certainly some positive aspects to flat roofing, repair, installation, and replacements. It is important to consider some very important facts, including the ones listed here:
- Metal is extremely durable and reflects the sun’s natural heat, thus reducing energy costs. It can also last up to 35 years when properly maintained.
- Membrane, either single-ply or EPDM, are incredibly easy to repair and rarely see the presence of leaks. This is because membrane is lightweight and waterproof. Not only that, but they are also easy to install and repair while also being a great choice for cutting electrical costs. Finally, it can last extremely long when installed correctly: nearly 50 years!
- Built-Up Roofing (BUR) requires low maintenance and doesn’t cost much to fix or repair. It also provides great protection against water, UV rays, and difficult and unexpected weather that is so prevalent in Florida. BUR is also easy to repair or resurface and can last 10-15 years easily with regular repair and maintenance. It provides a thick coverage of the roof deck and is highly resistant to damage.
- Modified Bitumen (MBR) installation is extremely easy, quick, and affordable to install when done by a professional, so you do not need to worry too much about your budget. This type of roof also requires low maintenance and has a low cost. It also provides the best of both worlds with EPDM and BUR: the roof installs like EPDM, and is more durable than BUR. It is also a great choice for more ecological-minded homes, as it is recyclable at the end of its useful life.
While most of the flat roofing options available are at a cost or repair rate that may seem less than ideal, it’s also important to note that they are economical and cost-effective as it pertains to energy efficiency and low maintenance. Flat roofing systems can generally last anywhere between 10-50 years depending entirely on the type of system you choose and your regular maintenance routine. However, the maintenance is still minimal if your roof is installed correctly.
On average, the installation costs depending on the material you choose could cost anywhere between $3 to $9 per square foot. Modified bitumen is likely the least expensive choice, while metal roofing could potentially be the highest cost.
ADDITIONAL EFFECTIVENESS EFFECTIVENESS
Flat roofs last a protracted time. A fresh roof can last a period of time. In fact, it isn’t unprecedented for flat roofs to last upwards of fifty years. In addition, flat roofs need minor maintenance. Thanks to however sturdy and resistant flat roofs are, little maintenance is needed. Flat roofs are available in many various choices as well. Clay and concrete materials are available in many various designs and colours, making certain that you simply will select one thing to enrich the planning of your home.
Flat roofing is also weather-resistant. Clay and concrete material are glorious for their sturdiness and talent to resist high winds, hail, and even hearth. This makes flat roofing notably effective throughout tough seasons. Flat roofing is overall very pest-resistant. Not like different roofs varieties, flat roofs are run-resistant to insect harm.
Flat roofing will facilitate cut back energy prices. thanks to the gap beneath the roofing, they’ll facilitate blocking the sun’s heat from transferring into the attic, thereby reducing your reliance on your air-con, lowering your cooling prices considerably. Flat roofs are environmentally friendly. The roofing are usually created out of clay or concrete, that is created from earth minerals. They are available from a property resource and once they’re removed, they’ll be crushed and recycled – typically creating a base for roads.
CHOOSE US FOR ANY FLAT ROOFING INSTALLATIONS
Not solely is the competition within the Hernando County area alone is fierce, however the roof is an extremely important and integral part of your home; it merely won’t do justice to simply hand the task over to just anyone. When it involves selecting the proper roofing company for flat roofing in the Sunshine State, especially around Tampa FL, we’re the ones for you.
All Star Roofing is a family closely-held and operated roofing business, and that we try to be the simplest in our field. Our family has been operational within the Tampa Bay space for over fifty years, and our objective has continually been to produce roofing services at a quick, reliable and competitive rate. This can be a part of our mission to deliver 100 percent client satisfaction. We’ve pride in each project we have a tendency to tackle, as a result of we’re tuned in to what it takes to make sure your roof’s longevity and we’re positive in our ability to deliver.
We extremely suggest that you just do your due diligence and come to us for flat roofing. We have a tendency to believe that once you’re finished your analysis, you’ll notice that we have a tendency to possibly being the right candidate for no matter project it’s that you’d prefer to undertake, or that your home necessitates.
If you have any questions about what type of flat roofing system would best suit you, installation, or costs, don’t hesitate to call us or click for an inspection or an estimate. We’ve got you covered! Schedule a free estimate on our website or call us at 813-672-4743 today!