Roofing Contractors Pasco County
A home is the safest place for many people. What’s better than being surrounded by your loved ones? However, that’s just one aspect of safety! What keeps you safe from the harsh weather and helps maintain the home’s temperature? Well, it’s the roof, and you definitely don’t want to see it becoming weaker. Do you? So, if you are looking for Roofing Contractors in Pasco County to replace/repair your old, worn-out roof? Don’t worry, as All-Star Roofing and Repair has got you covered!
Importance of Roofing Services
Living in Florida is not easy as FL experiences wild hurricanes, thunderstorms, and the constant spray of salt air. All these things can damage your roof or home. Whether you are looking to replace/repair your damaged roof or increase your home’s curb appeal, a roofing service will ensure that the job is done right. Moreover, it’s important to let a roofing company handle the roof-related issues as their teams are specially trained to deal with the possible mess that comes with fixing roofs, be it examining the damage or handling the risks.
Services Provided By All-Star Roofing
Florida homes need a unique type of roofing that encounters harsh weather and a continuous spray of sea salt. The variety of services we are providing there are as follows:
Re-roofing is not exactly a full roof replacement but overlaying your older shingles with newer ones to withstand the unpredictable Floridian weather. It is typically faster and cheaper than a brand new roof.
Emergency Roof Repair
Emergency roof repair is a way of protecting your home from rain, hurricanes, etc. It can help you if the roof is experiencing any damage that can be repaired after several days or it needs to be repaired right away.
Shingle Roofs Repair
Single roofs are economical for sloped or inclined residential roofs. We deal in three types of shingles: architectural, 3-tab, and slate look.
We specialize in two different types of tile roofing, namely clay and concrete tile roofing. Tile roofing is durable and long-lasting as it can combat the harsh Floridian climate.
Flat roofing is weather-resistant, economical, and environment-friendly. We deal in three kinds of flat roofing; metal roofing, modified bitumen roofing, and built-up roofing.
Metal roofs are extremely durable, fire-resistant, long-lasting, low-maintenance, flexible, and versatile.
For now, we are dealing with the above-mentioned varieties of roof replacement/repair services. Contact us today for a free assessment if you are suspecting any danger from your aged roof.
Why Choose Us?
All-Star Roofing and Repair is a professional roofing company that has been working in the Tampa Bay area for over 60 years. We have a highly skilled team of professionals to help you discover whether your roof needs to be serviced or your home needs a new roof installation. We assure you we will provide the best roofing services as we understand that you care for your family’s safety.
So, what are you waiting for? Contact us today for an expert opinion from our Roofing Contractors in Pasco County and get a free estimate. You can call us at 813-672-4743 and we will be more than happy to give you a free consultation
FLAT ROOF TYPES AND APPEARANCES
There are a number of different types of flat roofs to choose from. This is because they can be made from different types of material, giving them each a distinct look. Here are the types of flat roofs that the experts at All-Star Roofing can help install:
- Specifically aluminum – but in general metal – is one of the most popular materials used for flat roofing, repair, and replacements because of its durability and power to reflect the heat from the sun, which lowers energy costs. Metal roofing is usually ordered in large sheets, and while prone to rust in disagreeable conditions, it has the ability to last at least 30 years in ideal ones.
- Membrane (Single-Ply or EPDM)
- There are several types of rubber/polymer roofing options on the market, including Neoprene and PVC, but EPDM is the most popular option, particularly when it comes to residential use. Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer (EPDM) is a durable, inexpensive, and waterproof flat roofing option that is very easy to install. The material itself is a type of synthetic rubber that is made from recycled materials, which makes it environmentally friendly. When EPDM is installed, it needs to be seamed to the roof, which means water has an opportunity to seep through seams and potentially cause damage to your home. Of course, EPDM roofs can also be spray-applied, which significantly lowers the chance of seams pulling away from the roof, thereby reducing the chance of water seeping through.
- Built-Up Roofing (BUR)
- When one thinks of flat roofs, a built-up roof is likely what comes to mind: For 60 years, it was the only option on the market. They’re highly attractive roofing options that are made of tar and gravel, and are very sturdy because they are made up of many layers; however, these roofs also have the tendency to be quite heavy as a result of all of the layers. Installations or replacements of this type of roof could be hazardous, so the home or commercial property should be emptied prior to beginning any building or replacement project.
- Modified Bitumen (MBR)
- Modified Bitumen roofing is a technological advancement of the 1960s. It’s rolled out onto a roof in seamless and overlapping joints and typically secured by using a blowtorch. While this could pose as a danger – especially for an inexperienced roof installer – it’s quite affordable, easy, and quick to put together.
ENVIRONMENT AND EFFECTIVENESS
There’s no mistaking the eye-catching and modern appeal of a flat roof. However, it’s important to consider any potential consequences that are associated with this type of roof. We’ve touched already on the fact that flat roofs are not angled in any way that is sufficient to shed water or minimize moisture build-up. This means they are known to leak more often because water has the tendency to pool on these roofs until it evaporates, which gives water a longer amount of time to find weaknesses in a roof’s surface.
Some signs of leaking in your flat roof can include:
- Water dripping or damage/stains on ceilings or walls
- Paint is bubbling up
- Mildew on ceilings or walls outside
However, there are certainly some positive aspects to flat roofing, repair, installation, and replacements. It is important to consider some very important facts, including the ones listed here:
- Metal is extremely durable and reflects the sun’s natural heat, thus reducing energy costs. It can also last up to 35 years when properly maintained.
- Membrane, either single-ply or EPDM, are incredibly easy to repair and rarely see the presence of leaks. This is because membrane is lightweight and waterproof. Not only that, but they are also easy to install and repair while also being a great choice for cutting electrical costs. Finally, it can last extremely long when installed correctly: nearly 50 years!
- Built-Up Roofing (BUR) requires low maintenance and doesn’t cost much to fix or repair. It also provides great protection against water, UV rays, and difficult and unexpected weather that is so prevalent in Florida. BUR is also easy to repair or resurface and can last 10-15 years easily with regular repair and maintenance. It provides a thick coverage of the roof deck and is highly resistant to damage.
- Modified Bitumen (MBR) installation is extremely easy, quick, and affordable to install when done by a professional, so you do not need to worry too much about your budget. This type of roof also requires low maintenance and has a low cost. It also provides the best of both worlds with EPDM and BUR: the roof installs like EPDM, and is more durable than BUR. It is also a great choice for more ecological-minded homes, as it is recyclable at the end of its useful life.
While most of the flat roofing options available are at a cost or repair rate that may seem less than ideal, it’s also important to note that they are economical and cost-effective as it pertains to energy efficiency and low maintenance. Flat roofing systems can generally last anywhere between 10-50 years depending entirely on the type of system you choose and your regular maintenance routine. However, the maintenance is still minimal if your roof is installed correctly.
On average, the installation costs depending on the material you choose could cost anywhere between $3 to $9 per square foot. Modified bitumen is likely the least expensive choice, while metal roofing could potentially be the highest cost.
ADDITIONAL EFFECTIVENESS EFFECTIVENESS
Flat roofs last a protracted time. A fresh roof can last a period of time. In fact, it isn’t unprecedented for flat roofs to last upwards of fifty years. In addition, flat roofs need minor maintenance. Thanks to however sturdy and resistant flat roofs are, little maintenance is needed. Flat roofs are available in many various choices as well. Clay and concrete materials are available in many various designs and colours, making certain that you simply will select one thing to enrich the planning of your home.
Flat roofing is also weather-resistant. Clay and concrete material are glorious for their sturdiness and talent to resist high winds, hail, and even hearth. This makes flat roofing notably effective throughout tough seasons. Flat roofing is overall very pest-resistant. Not like different roofs varieties, flat roofs are run-resistant to insect harm.
Flat roofing will facilitate cut back energy prices. thanks to the gap beneath the roofing, they’ll facilitate blocking the sun’s heat from transferring into the attic, thereby reducing your reliance on your air-con, lowering your cooling prices considerably. Flat roofs are environmentally friendly. The roofing are usually created out of clay or concrete, that is created from earth minerals. They are available from a property resource and once they’re removed, they’ll be crushed and recycled – typically creating a base for roads.