Living in Florida, especially on the Gulf Coast, your home’s roofing is subjected to a lot. With thunderstorms, hurricanes, and the constant spray of salt air, your home and your roof can take a serious beating year in and year out.
Fortunately, your Florida roof is built for this, and can withstand these yearly challenges. The materials used to construct and create your home are specially made for the unpredictable Florida weather. However, that does not mean it does not face some challenges throughout the year, particularly during stormy weather. Overtime, these yearly challenges lead to a buildup of wear and tear, and you may be in need of a roofing installation professional. Whether you are looking to replace your withered and damaged existing roof or are looking to increase the value of your home with a new style, the team of professionals at All Star Roofing will make sure the job is done right.
Before contacting a professional, there are a number of ways you can tell if you are in need of a new roof install. Before getting a professional opinion, make sure you check the interior and exterior of your roof to assess its integrity. In many cases, you may be able to repair sections of your roof, and avoid a full replacement.
Things You Should Be Looking For on the Inside
Look for any natural light coming through anywhere on your ceiling. This could be caused by cracks or holes that are exposing the interior of your home to the elements. These cracks or holes could lead to water damage in the future. Sometimes, these damages have already happened underneath your noses! If you are suspecting water has already breached through your roof, look for dark strains or streaks on the interior of your roof. If you detect any of these areas, inspect it closely, and look for any sagging. If that area of your roof feels soft, it is a sign of water damage.
Things You Should Be Looking For on the Outside
Like the inside, it is important that you begin looking for signs of water damage, or areas that are susceptible to water damage from the outside. You will notice the same dark stains and signs of rot from the outside as you would from inside of your home, sometimes even including moss or algae growing on your leaking roof in the humid Tampa Bay air. You may also notice visible damage to your roof’s shingles, tiles, or membrane. If this is the case, it may be time to look at installing new roofing.
Of course, the professionals on the team at All Star Roofing and repair can help provide you with an expert opinion if you are ever unsure. We guarantee that your new roof will be safe and secure with our highly skilled team.
Roofing Installation Can Help you Raise Your Home’s Value
Did you know that a new roof can add more value to your home? It is true; although you might not be moving out soon, if ever, you will be able to get a lot more value for your home with a newly installed and maintained roof. Even if there is nothing wrong with your roof at the moment, a tattered and old looking roof can be an eyesore.
Installing a new roof can do wonders for improving your home’s curb appeal and value. Your roof sets the tone for your home’s entire aesthetic. It covers the whole thing after all! Your guests will be wowed when the first step of your home remodel is a new roofing install, and potential buyers will feel safer knowing that your roof is new and they won’t need to worry about leaks down the line.
Types of Roofing with All Star
Florida homes require some pretty particular roofing. This is because Florida homes need to be able to withstand intense weather and constant sea-spray. That is why All Star Roofing is proud to offer three different types of roofing that are created just for the Florida climate:
- Shingle: Through our partnership with Owens Corning, we provide the strongest and most resilient shingle roofing in the Tampa Bay area. We offer the following types of shingle roofing: Three-Tab, Architectural, and Slate. Although this type of roofing is more suitable for homes in the Tampa Bay area that are inland, it is still a highly recommended type of roofing for Floridians because of its efficient repair process and fire-resistant qualities.
- Tile: Arguably the most popular form of roofing of houses throughout the state of Florida, tile roofing is resilient and able to withstand many different types of weather throughout the year. The team here at All Star Roofing offers two different types of tile roofing: Clay and Concrete. If you are interested in investing in a roof that is energy-efficient, cost-effective, and resilient, consider installing a new tile roof on top of your home with the team at All Star Roofing.
- Flat: Surprisingly enough, flat roofing is actually quite popular in Florida due to the lack of snow in our climate. All Star Roofing offers four different types of flat roofing in our services: Metal, Membrane (Single-Ply and EPDM), Build-Up Roofing (BUR), Modified Bitumen (MBR). Flat roofing is also quite cost-effective due to its longevity and inexpensive.
All Star’s Roofing Process Simplified
The team here at All Star Roofing has an intricate roofing process to make sure that your new roof is installed correctly and efficiently. However, here is a quick rundown of what our roofing process entails:
- Delivery and removal: All Star Roofing will come to your house with all of the materials needed to make sure your roof removal and installation goes smoothly.
- Installing the new roof: Set upon what is known as roofing paper, your new roof is installed carefully. Ice and water shields are also installed at the edge of the newly installed roof. If needed, damaged plywood will be fixed or replaced.
- Installing your new roofing shingles: Your new shingles are installed when the proper repairs are made and when everything is nice and secure. After this, the roofing vents and shingles are painted to match the rest of your roof.
- Final cleanup: A final inspection is conducted to make sure any and all problems are fixed.
Roofing Installation Services with All Star Roofing
Our team of professional Tampa Bay roofers will start by fully evaluating your roof from the inside, out. In addition to inspecting the interior and exterior of your roof, we will closely evaluate your roof’s sheathing and internal structure. After ensuring your home’s safety, we will perform a full roofing installation complete with measures to protect your new roof from leaking.
If you are looking to improve our home or you are noticing damages and suspect you are in need of a roofing replacement, contact the professionals at All Star Roofing. You can count on our team of roofing professionals to treat your home as if it were our own home. We will walk you through the steps of your roofing installation, and help you to determine the best course of action given your roof’s age and condition taking into account your personal style and vision. Contact us today for a free estimate and get started with your roofing installation today.