TILE ROOFING REPLACEMENT
Our Family has been in the Tampa Bay area for over 60 years!
Fully Licensed and Insured
You can’t go anywhere in Florida without finding tile roofs galore! Tile is an incredibly popular option for many Tampa Bay residents and residents from all over the state for its durability and longevity. When you find a roof this suitable for the unpredictable Florida climate, it is hard to imagine having any other type of roof. That is why when tile roofs get damages, many homeowners simply replace it with another tile roof. If you have never had a tile roof before and are in need of a tile roof replacement, you have come to the right place.
Tile roof replacement in Florida is especially popular for its ability to deal with the worst of the worst storms, our states frequent hurricanes, and the ever-persistent salt spray that has been known to chip away at less durable roofing options. For these qualities, Tile roofing is a tried and true material that dates back millennia, but what happens when you do need a tile roof replacement? If your tile is damaged, worn, or you are simply looking for a new look, the professionals at All-Star Roofing are here to help with our tile roofing repair and tile roofing replacement services! We can help you get the roof you desire, whether you are new to tile or have used a tile roof for years.
CLAY OR CEMENT?
Our team specializes in two specific types of tile roofing material: clay and cement. We prefer these materials for their durability and versatility. Once you’ve determined the material that will keep your home and your family protected, we move on to the fun part, customization! Clay and cement make excellent roofing replacement options to fit any style home. These materials can be custom made into any texture or color by blending dyes and minerals, and custom molding them. Whether you currently have a tile roof you are looking to replace or looking to tile roofing as a brand new solution, count on clay or cement to be your custom solution.
HOW DO I KNOW IF I AM IN NEED OF TILE ROOF REPLACEMENT?
Given its durability and longevity, tile roofing is one of the most, if not the most economical option for your roof. In fact, tile roofing has even been known to last the entire lifespan of the structure it houses. In most cases, a tile roof can be maintained with small replacements and repairs. It is important to look for small cracks or breaches in the roof’s integrity. These can lead to leaks in your roof that could amount to very large and costly damages in the future and may warrant a full replacement. We recommend you inspect your tiles closely on a regular basis. If you notice that more than 50 percent of your roof’s tiles are cracked or damaged a full replacement may be the right decision.
Depending on several factors like the age of your roof and the elements your home may be exposed to (hurricane damage isn’t an unheard of concept in our area), some damage might be minimal. You might only need a quick reparation for a specific part of your roof, or a simple replacement or replenishment detail done to keep your roof maintained. This, of course, means that routine checks should be performed regularly so that you can catch any mishaps at their earliest signs, and they don’t progress into something worse and more cost ineffective for you.
If you are unsure, we recommend bringing in one of our team’s roofing professionals for an inspection. Our seasoned specialists will be able to advise you on your tile roofing and determine whether you are in need of a partial or full-on replacement.
When the need for a quick tile roof replacement arises, our professional staff is just a phone call away from providing you with the assistance you need. We recommend that you perform a quick interior and exterior check of your own before you call someone to do an assessment for you. This can help assure that you’re aware of what the problem(s) could be before you get another set of eyes on the situation, as another set of eyes could potentially miss something you caught, or point out something you may have overlooked. Either way, it’s one more step towards you understanding what the problem could potentially be before a professional comes in to confirm or deny it.
REPLACEMENT VS. REPAIR: IMPORTANT THINGS TO CONSIDER
Roof replacement and roof repair are two roofing terms that get thrown around a lot, especially when it comes to a damaged roof. However, it could be difficult to determine which service you need. Here are some questions to ask yourself before deciding which service is right for you:
- How old is your roof?
- If you do not know how old your roof is, consider asking your local Homeowner’s Association about the age of your home and roof. However, if you do know, it may be too old to sustain another repair. Many tile roofs can live up to one hundred years old, and since many homes in the area are considered “Old Florida” homes, the chances of your roof being up there are fairly high. If your roof is around fifty to one hundred, it is most likely time to completely replace it.
- Is there a leak in your roof?
- Depending on the size of the leak, a simple repair is needed to make sure your roof and home remain undamaged. However, if a leak is not treated properly, the leak can grow and extend to another part of your roof. If this is the case, the chances of you being able to save the roof with a repair are slim to none. That is why it is usually simpler to just replace the roof at the sign of a leak instead of continuously putting money into a roof that continues to leak.
- Has your roof been damaged before?
- Sometimes, when your roof has previously been repaired, it does not does completely rejuvenate your roof back to normal. If you are considering a partial roof replacement, it is probably best to replace the portions of your roof that were previously damaged then subsequently repaired.
COMMON TILE ROOF DAMAGES
Although tile roofs are durable and sustainable, they are not completely resistant to damage. That is why it is important to be able to spot common abnormalities with your tile roofing. Here are some examples of damages that your roof is susceptible to sustain:
- Cracked or broken tiles
- These are usually the most noticeable tile damages, as it would be pretty easy to spot when a tile on your roof is cracked. These cracks have the potential to create leaks that pool up water and other outside forces on the roof’s underlayment.
- Loose tiles
- Not only do loose tiles pose a falling hazard, but they also can result in completely missing parts of your roof. This leaves the roof’s underlayment exposed to outside forces that could potentially leak into your home.
- Flashing failures
- The installation of top flashing is crucial in making sure that your tile roof does not fail. If the top flashing is installed incorrectly, water is able to seep through the edges of the tile and into the underlayment. Similar to how water is able to seep through cracked tiles, badly installed flashing can result in further damage to your overall house.
- Fastener faults
- In order for your roof to truly protect you and your home, it needs to be properly installed and secured. If your previous contractor improperly installed or repaired your roof, then it is not fully able to do its job. Making sure that it is thoroughly and properly installed is crucial to your roof’s longevity.
- Hail damage
- Although hail is slightly less common in Florida, you have probably experienced at least one hail storm in your life as a Floridian. Just because it is not as common as other states, does not mean it cannot happen.
TILE ROOF REPLACEMENT SERVICES
After a full inspection, our team will advise you on the most appropriate course of action. If your roof is in need of a partial replacement or full tile replacement our team of tile roofing specialists will be there to inspect and provide the tile solution for you. Our team will walk you through the steps of replacing your roof, and help you to determine if a roof replacement is necessary given its age and condition. Whether you are dealing with a persistent leak that just won’t seem to stop or damages to your roof’s structural integrity, count on the professionals at All-Star Roofing for professional and timely tile roof replacement services.
Come to Us For Any Replacement
Not solely is the competition within the Tampa area alone is fierce, however the roof is an extremely important and integral part of your home; it merely won’t do justice to simply hand the task over to just anyone. When it involves selecting the proper roofing company for tile roof replacement in the Sunshine State, especially around Tampa FL, we’re the ones for you.
All Star Roofing is a family closely-held and operated roofing business, and that we try to be the simplest in our field. Our family has been operational within the Tampa Bay space for over fifty years, and our objective has continually been to produce roofing services at a quick, reliable and competitive rate. This can be a part of our mission to deliver 100 percent client satisfaction. We’ve pride in each project we have a tendency to tackle, as a result of we’re tuned in to what it takes to make sure your roof’s longevity and we’re positive in our ability to deliver.
We extremely suggest that you just do your due diligence and come to us for tile roof replacement. We have a tendency to believe that once you’re finished your analysis, you’ll notice that we have a tendency to possibly being the right candidate for no matter project it’s that you’d prefer to undertake, or that your home necessitates.
Talk to a Roofing Specialist Now!